Guess what? Character bunny!

Plot, scheme, devise, tinker and ruminate all you want in this forum. This space is chiefly reserved for any out-of-character discussions still pertaining to the game or storyline that might need to take place. If it fits the game but none of our characters, voice it here!
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Guess what? Character bunny!

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I know I used to think our guys would want to have someone to help them focus on their physical and mental health and in some ways, I still do. I've got this concept, though, that's been bugging me for a few days.

Ghouls are a dicey proposition by nature. They're tailor-made for a Dark and Edgy approach, but what if I didn't go for that angle?

I figure an HPD medical examiner gets involved in a case and is killed. He's motivated to try out Ghouldom not so much out of a burning thirst for revenge, but because he has a family to protect. Being more of a doc than a vigilante type, he doesn't honestly know what to do with the fact that he now feels no pain and is essentially a sentient zombie. After a few trials, he manages to spook his family's killers into confessing. Things go well, until he realizes he needs human flesh to keep going. The problem is, his killer's already incarcerated. He doesn't exactly want to go, and he also doesn't exactly want to deface an institution he cares about, as he does consider himself as a lawman, despite the fact that he really is just an examiner who worked for the HPD.

So, using the fact that Goliath has tried to commercialize a "meat printer", he manages to steal one of the prototypes, along with a small quantity of blood from the guy who carried out the hit against him. Being able to reproduce that blood indefinitely and of re-creating individual chunks of meat as desired, he manages to artificially prolong the life of his killer and to essentially feed off his flesh - without ever actually harming him substantially.

I figure this isn't a plot concept so much as something that eventually pops up if and when it becomes obvious that Shield needs its own in-house medical examiner. He'd pass for human and alive seeing as he's constantly well fed, and would only incite questions if he either starts to forget himself or actually takes a bullet and keeps going without regenerating...

Naturally, he'd lie about the lunches he brings from home, and be careful to avoid unfortunate incidents like Bucky accidentally eating cloned flesh.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Re: Guess what? Character bunny!

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

The concept sounds all right, but how would a "meat printer" go missing without it being able to be tracked? Goliath Corp. would keep an inventory, have a bunch of cameras everywhere, and so on; they'd want to prevent another incident from happening like with what happened that led to the Chimeras being created. I mean, it's not impossible, but it's something worth considering. Just my two cents.