To Apophis

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

To Apophis

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

What's your story? You told Bucky and Neasa that you had a similar maker to George, but you were otherwise different from him.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Apophis

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

“The Order of Cosmic Machinists disbanded after George’s final betrayal cost most of them their lives. The survivors picked other schemes, but some were products of their times in more ways than one.

Ogilvie was left marred by his ordeal, but he nonetheless passed on his findings to his disciples – at least, to those that hadn’t simply fled. I was the product of one such attempt to create an obedient version of the same process that begat George Murray Gammell – even if my creation took place centuries later.

I was given similar intelligence – or so I was told – but was left weak and defenseless. I was especially denied attachments. My tormentors took care to avoid another fiasco involving a surface-world urchin. Eventually, I was pawned off to the Speaker, in exchange for favors. I was told he… liked the perversion of my form and would pay heed to it.

He has, in his own way. He was always careful not to strike my face unnecessarily, as he enjoyed the care my makers had expended in giving me a supposedly Grecian nose, as a mockery to the surface world’s Classicists. They called me thing or thrall, and I eventually learned of serpents born to undo the world of Man. I opted to name myself as one of them, to signal what I wished to become for the Loyalists: an emissary of darker times – should I ever find the strength to enact it.

Now, with the incursions over and Wallace and McConmara stepping into my native lands, I have a chance.”