To Helena Nasir

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

To Helena Nasir

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

Is there anything significant the with Cradle's soil that differs from the Earth's soil? Was Alastriona given any boons to having her Tree grow in the Cradle's land?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Helena Nasir

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"The Cradle is Nexus to those of my kind, and it was made in the same instant I was. It provides in the bespoke minerals and isotopes we require in order to harness the energies of the Universe, so it stands to reason that Alastriona would display a radiation spectrum alien to common Earth flora and fauna. She still is of Earth, of course, and will rejoin her native planet's emissions in due time.

For the moment, however, it may serve as a boon of sorts, in that those without access to her location or no traditional means to track her down would not sense the usual telltale signs of a young dryad only now joining a local via network. As she was always meant to return to Earth, we did not wish to burden her with gifts she would eventually lose - but we did impart her with knowledge, gained in the manner McHale and Haskill are accustomed to. Some of my Heralds were sent forth on occasion, to tutor her in the ways of her host people. She learned what the Akari and the Vanguard know of the Warp and Weft - or what traditional physicists would refer to as Dark Energy. She understands that there is a realm of force, forever with us and forever untapped - the dregs of the Architect's last Creation. Tatters of Matter following a configuration different from our Universe's, and thus imperceptible to most. It takes eyes like mine or those of my daughters to peer in the darkness between stars and see beauty, and to understand that the outsider forces that birthed this place will also destroy it.

The Void Weaver Loyalists only see in part. Their wisdom is tattered, jagged - unformed. In the end, all that is will be destroyed - but not out of some corruptive influence. Balance is ephemeral, and the Vanguard is the living memory of a former point of equilibrium. We are not servants of your Architect, but living palimpsests of his Creation. Our skin is as it is, our hair looks as it does, because the instant of our creation saw us being remade out of the fabric of former stars, former stretches of cerulean and purplish darkness, long-lost nebulae with an echoing beauty that manifests in our grace.

Alastriona understands why I used my gifts so sparingly against the Goat. If I had unleashed the full wrath of the Warp upon his forces, nothing would have been left of Earth, of you - of us all. You saw black holes the size of small edifices being used to banish entire deployments of Fiends; I saw stars the size of small stones and with the mass of an ocean burning them all to ash as it pulled them inside their corona."