The Gaslight Era Internet

Plot, scheme, devise, tinker and ruminate all you want in this forum. This space is chiefly reserved for any out-of-character discussions still pertaining to the game or storyline that might need to take place. If it fits the game but none of our characters, voice it here!
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

The Gaslight Era Internet

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

With the Hopeverse's 1880's having been Steampunk, I figure they had something like Teletype and Telex interfaces that used via-infused crystals to encode bits, and probably already used halfway-decent baud rates for something that could approach a late-seventies' ARPANET or an early-eighties BBS system.

With the Goat having probably torched a good few data farms across the globe, I figure the resistance and early restoration dug up old Clank-era Teletypes to restore some sort of super-clunky and very much non-environmentally-friendly global BBS. The paper use. God, the amount of paper this would take!

My guess is Archie would help folks dig around and restore some sort of mechanical dot-matrix based "monitor" that works like one of those pushpin desk toys...