To Coach

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

To Coach

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

How did your relationship with Aspasia progress over time? How do you think it has affected you?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Coach

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"Honestly, I'd say we went from being colleagues in the later stages of Elysium's attack, to coworkers once she served time, to friends and lovers.

When I first met her, Rendell's drop pods were still coming down. You have to understand, his kind of provoked unrest didn't just extend to sending the Transgenics down; he was upsetting the local ley lines with what amounted to blunt-force trauma. Considering, the survivors and Chimeras had a common enemy from the start, in the risen dead. I did my best to keep the local deceased down and the uppity Infernalists from using the troubles as an opportunity, but I was pretty much swamped. Everyone else was directly focused on Rendell or protecting the Nexus and Sophia, I was one of the few people there to cover the suburbs, apart from Caliban's best efforts.

So she has her change of heart, she starts moving, and the Last Round is the only defensive spot her men can find. It's got my wards, sure, but also steel shutters and doors, along with firearm, water and food reserves. Easily defensible. Asp didn't expect the place to be packed with refugees, though, or to have a lich looking out for them.

Aggressive action didn't last long, she realized she'd never kick me out of my own home. Her men were sick, injured and hungry, and sticking to Rendell's idea of "attack anything that isn't us" had already proven to be recklessly stupid. I defeated the last of her suspicions and took 'em in. We did the best we could with what rations we had, and her boys freaked out when they saw me healing their numbers using magic - which they'd never seen up-close before - but we eventually reached an agreement. I didn't mind their using my restaurant as their base camp if they didn't mind lending me a few hands to keep things running until the National Guard finished securing Renton.

Tenuous collaboration turned to trust, she saved my neck and I saved hers, and we both impressed one another with how well we were handling the crisis and our respective moral issues. Elysium got routed, Asp was taken in, and I told her to stay strong, that she'd make it through. She believed me.

I figured she'd skip town after doing time, maybe work to get out of Sophia's face out of regret or shame. She didn't do that. Came straight back to me once they released her, actually. I'll admit I was worried when I realized she'd been reading on her ties to the Fae - but it soon became clear I wasn't her sugar daddy or her via sponge. The whole Daisuke Urakawa kerfuffle confirmed that, too. I loved her by then, of course, but a part of me still sometimes whispered when it got quiet: what if she's just playing for keeps, being tactically sound? You'd do the same thing, in her place. You'd dig in like a chigger and you'd feed.

The whispers got quieter as time passed, 'till I didn't hear them no more. There's a happy kind of tedium that drowns out doubts in productivity and fulfillment, and Asp and I both fell headfirst into it, enough so that we had a child together. Now, I'm more the type to tell Asp I love her with a smile or a shoulder squeeze, a quiet lunch spent together over the midday lull or a little magic-and-massage routine when her mostly human spine suddenly decides her reverse-jointed legs and hooves aren't conducive to comfort... She might have some Fae blood in her, it doesn't change the fact that a geneticist put her together in a test tube. Her body hasn't really caught on to the fact that the real Fauns didn't have leg cramps after long days spent playing hostess or cash register operator. We're both working on that, though. We're careful with her own studies, though, seeing as we've got a kid to take care of.

Kiddo's already got one immortal parent, we'll let her grow up before getting in too deep. Tykes sometimes figure parents who go immortal are abandoning them, so we're looking to prevent that.

We're watching her, though. She's got the basic Faun template from her mother, and she's been soaking in via from conception...

Who knows, right?

One thing after another, tough. We put Miranda through her paces - and both high school and college - and maybe then we'll start seeing what she feels or perceives."