To Travis

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Travis

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Are fake news as much of a problem in the Hopeverse?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Travis

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"Does a bear shit in the woods? Next question!

Holden Senior's already discussed humanity with Jameson, so I'll just say this: you might be the oldest fart alive and you might be able to remember Cuneiform back when it was all the rage in freaking Mesopotamia, but it doesn't change the fact that you might be gullible enough to fall for certain categories of bullshit.

If you're alive, if you have anything like a brain, you're susceptible. I've seen dragon clients of Kuhn's swear up and down that their Wyrm background means they don't need to vaccinate their newly-hatched kids, only to lose their shit once the kids' blood pH levels start going down and they come back from daycare with chickenpox. I've seen carnivore anthros advocate for a meat-exclusive diet, only to wonder why they're constipated as fuck and stuck compensating for severe mineral deficiencies with vitamin supplements. I've seen Secessionist vampires buy into the craziest of Alex Jones' crackpot theories because any sort of truth levied against them by liberals and Democrats offends their pluricentennial sensibilities.

Heck, pick Meris. She's one heck of a knowledgeable Archmage, and she might be able to school a few Harvard anthropologists, with what she's learned. She could start giving masterclasses that would put the best arcane theorists out there to freaking shame.

Does that mean she'd know not to swipe one of her resistance-provided credit cards if John Simpson with an Indian Accent calls her, saying he's a certified Microsoft employee and that her emails-only laptop is somehow infected? Not necessarily. She's saving the world and her husband, it's not like she has two shits to give about Internet security.

Intelligence is selective. So's stupidity, but that part's universal. It just doesn't show up in the same ways for everyone."