To Mary

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Mary

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I've done some research, and a common point of insistence for Hong Kong natives in 2016 is the sense that HK isn't China. Chinese tourists apparently miss the point when they leave the mainland and have a boatload of expectations. Similarly, a lot of people come to Hong Kong and expect a chunk of China. It isn't.

Say Three or Aislinn or someone else decides to stop by for fun, as tourists or visitors for you to kind of chauffeur around. What tips would you give them, considering they'd be tourists?
Karl the Mad

Re: To Mary

Post by Karl the Mad »

"They already paid a visit, or haven't you forgotten? Not exactly a social call, though, so maybe it didn't count. Anyway it's simple; there's places where Westerners are more acceptable than others. Stay in places like that, keep your wallet close, don't try to smuggle anything illegal in (not without my help, anyway!), and you'll probably be okay. The laws are more or less the same as anywhere else, except there's more people in less space so things can get blown out of proportion quicker. Avoid the local social media and stay on the English-friendly radio stations, and you ought to be just fine!

"Oh, and one more thing. In spite of what my life story or what games like Sleeping Dogs might tell you, it's not all violence and mob wars. Don't try to act like it is, or you'll just draw attention. Not the fun kind either."