To Gabriel

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Gabriel

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Could Doom's protagonist be an angel of some description? There's some lore in the game that leads me to believe you're playing as one.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Gabriel

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"To be honest, the idea that angels have wings by default is a mortal construct; a product of your collective imagination we've more than happily taken for ourselves.

We're trans-planar beings, assuming we need to fly to get around is a bit reductive. All members of the Host can transition from one plane to another more or less at will. Considering, wings are useless on a technical aspect and are mostly used by us to provide mortals with a clearly identifiable visual cue. It's a calling card we pull out only if it's absolutely required, a risky nod to the mortal theory suggesting that wings symbolize wisdom. By risky, I mean that not all angels are inherently wise. We believe we are in the worst of times, but we can be wrong.

Considering, and seeing how we can see all of Time at once, there's no reason angels couldn't manifest on Earth as timeline-shattering, future armor-wearing Space Marines. No reason, of course, other than common sense. Time needs to be experienced in its own linear flow to be appreciated, so we tend to avoid giving you spoilers, as it were. Reflecting back is tolerated, but why would I manifest as a Roman centurion when a United States Army General uniform is also legible and at least somewhat more subtle?"