To Leonard

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Leonard

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I'm playing Doom.

I'm in ur dimenshun, killin' ur peeps.

It's awesome.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Leonard

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"I'm glad that you're being entertained, but unlike video games, my realm doesn't have a finite supply of Pitspawn. If I were to humour modern souls by restructuring the Pit using video game-based traditions, you'd have to go against an infinite supply of Damned souls, each of them corrupted to a different degree and showing different physical structures. Even if I were to add something resembling the Glory Kill system, you'd eventually be overwhelmed.

That said, the body comes with a few interesting literary tidbits... Did you  know the late Terry Pratchett was a bit of a gamer? Based on his opinion on Doom, he'd at least touched the original 1993 release.

"Over the centuries, Mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil: prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..."

In any case, it amuses me. I like to see mortals entertain the notion that they stand a chance against my kin. I'm used to prayers or self-righteous ego-stroking, or even the occasional knee-jerk discovery of some fount of profound faith - but superheated plasma expelled by sci-fi guns is definitely a first."