To Tom

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I've been playing Devil's Daggers. Is it racist towards demons?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"Political Correctness, the great malady of our times...

It's a throwback shooter about killing everything onscreen before it kills you. It's a game. Do you seriously think I care about how artists choose to represent Hell? The Lower Plane is what we make of it, so if some Australian developer decides it's a wide platform suspended in a black void that's continuously overrun with monsters straight of Quake's design philosophy, all the more power to him.

It's not exactly a constructive depiction, although it does say something about the Princes' fondness for custom-tailoring Damnation for generations requiring specific approaches: an unwinnable gauntlet where death is a touch away and never lasts; one where you're continuously tossed back into the wringer, sounds like something the Black Goat would want to set a focus group on. He'd consider it a win-win scenario, in any case: toss in Damned to beta-test, toss more in until the Alpha's ironed out - and then unleash upon the wider masses, no subscription or payment required."

He shudders.

"Come to think of it, I fear the day that'll see a damned game designer's soul earn the Goat's clemency to work on something like this. Gamification is one thing when applied to the mortal plane, I'm afraid of what'll happen when the Prince's lackeys realize they have points and achievements to earn if they reach certain quotas..."