To Wesley Chambers

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

To Wesley Chambers

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

What has Amaxi promised you? And what are your views on a certain selkie archmage who seems to be a recurring thorn in your side?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Re: To Wesley Chambers

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"What the Many-Armed promised me doesn't matter to you. You're not worthy of hearing Her gospel, in any case.

As for Meris? I respect her skills and her resilience. It isn't often that one of the Prelates finds a decent foil, an adequate expression of what Dalarath stands against - a test of one's piety. We've crossed swords literally and metaphorically in the past, and I've had to read up on her culture, to better prepare myself. Magic and the Orkneys, the pernicious nature of via - in a sense, it's an honor to have her fling insults at me.

It shouldn't suggest, however, that I respect her. A glorified slave almost managed to elope with the weakest of our Augurs - so what?! I stopped them to adhere to Her desires, but I could've let them go, honestly. They would've drowned in their felicity, grown flaccid and inert out of contentment. Nereus would've ended up blind out of love and wouldn't have been able to repel the inevitable retaliation. Cuddles and stargazing don't an army make, and he would've needed one to stand against Amaxi's faithful."