About my lackluster presence record...

Sophia's neck of the woods (pun intended), this is where you should head for any meet-and-greet you'd like to partake in, as well for any discussion that isn't related to role-playing. Have fun, go crazy - but keep your nose clean.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

About my lackluster presence record...

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I've noticed Ten and Karl slip in the chat room an hour after I'd gone to bed. You guys are still operating on the notion that I can stick around past midnight like I used to, but I can't.

I'm doing my best to post and work on character concepts when I'm not online, but I have my jobs to take care of and I'm still in the process of going through interviews. The bottom line is I get up at anywhere between six or eight o' clock, I go through the day and reach my limit around 10 o'clock. I just can't stick around much more than this, seeing as every cell in my body is crying out for me to tuck in. I'm fairly sure this is a symptom of my body still getting used to having a sensible schedule, but the bottom line is I really can't afford to stick around to please you guys when I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open.

Considering that, I'd like to respectfully request that you put some water in your wine. I can try and show up before nine o' clock, and I did keep the chatroom in a tab for one hour, last night, hoping I'd bump into one of you. I didn't, and headed to bed. It's nobody's fault, of course, but we're working on schedules that still fairly different from one another. If I could get by on less than eight hours of sleep, I wouldn't care. I'd push through and stick around and chat until one in the morning or thereabouts, like what was the case back when I had classes.

I'm just not 25 anymore. That's sad, but it's the truth. If I try to operate on less than eight hours of sleep, I can't get shit done.

So - help me help you guys, more or less. You've got stuff to discuss? Try and show up so I can meet with you. Otherwise you'll be stuck with Karl's impression that this place is dead.

It isn't - the admin just got knocked out of his Nerd Vampire routine.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Re: About my lackluster presence record...

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

I understand perfectly, Leam; you have work that makes demands on your body. I don't blame you for wanting to get to bed at a reasonable hour. You need the sleep. The days of being able to stay up to the crack of dawn aren't really feasible anymore. Our schedules are also a little conflicting as well, due to timezones and whatever it is we might be doing.

I'd like to make a request regarding this issue. If you're in the chatroom, please try to post a notice in the chatroom thread. I posted and stickied it for a reason. I understand that it's easier to slip in the chatroom and automatically think people will just show up, but letting us know you're there helps. I'll try to be in there at earlier times, so that we can chat.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Re: About my lackluster presence record...

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Point taken, Ten. :)