About Jimmy's historical secrecy...

Plot, scheme, devise, tinker and ruminate all you want in this forum. This space is chiefly reserved for any out-of-character discussions still pertaining to the game or storyline that might need to take place. If it fits the game but none of our characters, voice it here!
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

About Jimmy's historical secrecy...

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I've edited my post a bit, but it doesn't really sit right with me. That's largely because here and now, any average high-school student can go and pick up info on the British Secret Service's attempts to have Rasputin killed. Conspirators and suspects in the cases of the Mad Monk and Nicolas the First are all publicly available online. Seeing as Jimmy's involvement predates the October Revolution by a few decades, and considering the fact that we're operating in 2025; there's really no reason for his involvement to be entirely secret. Gangsters have their fair share of legitimate traits in their lives, largely to keep up appearances. I honestly couldn't think of anything that would whitewash Winters more effectively than being recognized as having been part of a formerly Top Secret operation.

"What, one of the local war heroes being in with the Commission? That's ridiculous!"
Karl the Mad

Re: About Jimmy's historical secrecy...

Post by Karl the Mad »

Sure, but I thought we had both agreed that if everyone knew about Archie and Jimmy's mutual past, it could hurt them both? Their reputations, if nothing else. :/ I mean, if you think it's no big deal then I'll bow to your judgement, but I was under the impression it would be detrimental to them both if people knew about them.

Well, that and I do think that some things ought to stay hidden, regardless of how many hackers we have running around.
Karl the Mad

Re: About Jimmy's historical secrecy...

Post by Karl the Mad »

I was thinking about this again, and I came up with something. What if, instead of demanding total secrecy, Jimmy just requested that he be left out of popular culture? No video games, no trashy dime novels about Tamerlane & Co., but any student of history or someone with an interest in MI6 or whatever could find out about his past associations with Archie and Bucky.

And I doubt he'd need more whitewashing after what he did during the Battle of Hope. ;)