To Tom Magnus

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Tom Magnus

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

How do you handle that state of constant arousal? I'd go insane after a few hours, for sure.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Tom Magnus

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"Part of the answer lies in the fact that this is, quite simply, the nature of the beast.

I am an incubus, and as such, I am both attuned to and enslaved to Desire as an overridinag force. I feel masculine passions as I was primarily designed to appeal to female mortals, while succubi are justifiably designed to fill the other half of the coin. As to how I survive, I would have to credit your mortal masters of meditation and mindfulness.

When things grow too exquisite for even my nerves to handle, I retreat further inwards, where nothing can disturb me. I've constructed a mental habit of focusing on everything except my current sources of arousal, as a means to ground myself. This gives me a few minutes to an hour's worth of centerdness, at the end of which something inevitably arises that quickens my pulse and heats my breath once again. The end-process is a series of leapfrogged meditative dips and rises, shadowed areas existing primarily to bring the overall strength of my passions down to manageable levels.

Of course, there are times when everything seems to fail. Even the sight of a single beautiful knot in a wooden panel feels as though it'll kill me. In these cases, tangible release is needed. Being what I am, I've patronized private houses, brothels and all other forms of establishment where carnal pleasure is on offer. I then spend my lust, all the while knowing that their lust will rekindle the flames I've just tried to put out...

The cycle then begins for the next few weeks or months, each day adding its lot of desires I won't allow myself to pursue. The pressure builds, I release it. It builds anew, I release it anew...

Some mortals, foolishly enough, are envious of me. They haven't any idea of the lows incubi and succubi are forced to endure. Being aroused by something trivial or even downright disgusting is not a sensation I would wish on anyone. We find ourselves knowing how revolting the object of our desires happens to be, but our needs are simply too strong to ignore. Others would suggest that aversion therapy is universal, but that would miss the point. I know succubi who are well aware of how disgusting their pursuit of male corpses is, who would wish for nothing more than a shift in their forcefully-imposed vectors.

The truth is, only Pandemonium's Seducers can choose the objects of their affections. We of the Pit are denied this luxury. Damnation is never something in which the Pitspawn revel, unless insanity or animalistic instincts characterize them.

No aversion therapy, no amount of deep-diving in my own psyche and no attempt to force needless and already-present guilt upon myself will ever suffice in ridding me of my burden of lust."