Thundercats 2011

Sophia's neck of the woods (pun intended), this is where you should head for any meet-and-greet you'd like to partake in, as well for any discussion that isn't related to role-playing. Have fun, go crazy - but keep your nose clean.
Weirdlet
Site Admin

Thundercats 2011

Post by Weirdlet »

Newest addiction. Only one season, and only a few episodes in, but hot *damn*.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Re: Thundercats 2011

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

It's pretty good, yeah. I'd compare it to the parallel reboot of Masters of the Universe from 2002. A little more hard-edged, a little less silly and still sadly cancelled by the Cartoon Network after about half a season.

I'm also reminded of the Green Lantern animated show they had going. It's sad because they'd based themselves off of the new continuity, which includes the other Lanterns. I was looking forward to Sinestro, Atrocitus, Larfleeze et al.

But - Skeletor's new voice is awesome. Much more believably devious and less "mustache-twirling evil comedic foil". I'm kind of reminded of the way Vincent D'Onofrio played the character of Pooh Bear in The Salton Sea. His character had sniffed blow to the point of more or less destroying his sinuses, so his entire nose was amputated. He spoke like someone who was stuck with a perpetual cold and Keldor/Skeletor from 2002 more or less had that going on.

Not that I don't mind Frank Welker's contribution but - yeah. It's hilariously cheesy.