Here's a helpful little something...

Sophia's neck of the woods (pun intended), this is where you should head for any meet-and-greet you'd like to partake in, as well for any discussion that isn't related to role-playing. Have fun, go crazy - but keep your nose clean.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Here's a helpful little something...

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Ever dreaded the idea of working as much on a bio or post as you'd like because of all the formatting you've got to go through in BBCode form? If you're like me, copy-pasting your entire document by hand and then spending almost half an hour making sure everything is properly bolded and italicized is a complete hassle. Welp, there's a way to cut out the middle-man and work with BBCodes in your word processor.

Well, provided you use OpenOffice, that is.

This helpful little nugget is BBKode, which you'll find here:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/fr/project/BBkode

What it essentially does is add a little plugin to OpenOffice, which can be reached in the Add-Ons item of the Tools menu. It then spits out a separate window in which you'll find the equivalent of what's in your document, formatted in BBCode and ready for one quick and definitive copy-paste. No more futzing around trying to make sure everything's nice and clean.

I'm sure there's something floating around for MS Word, but I haven't checked Macros in that department...