Ideas about Bagley...

Plot, scheme, devise, tinker and ruminate all you want in this forum. This space is chiefly reserved for any out-of-character discussions still pertaining to the game or storyline that might need to take place. If it fits the game but none of our characters, voice it here!
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Ideas about Bagley...

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I've mentioned him, I've never used him since the reboot, and now I'm getting ideas.

I figure Archie doesn't mind Gubbin butlering it up in his home, but he misses his pal - his own fellow globe-trotting butler - and knows that Bagley doesn't see much use as a genius loci. With at least one person being at the Hall at almost any given time, there's no real need for a disembodied and self-sufficient alarm system. For a while, Archie sits on that idea, being unsure of how he might go about changing things. Lack of funds, primarily, is an issue. Modern Clank armatures are costly.

I figure either Aldergard splurges because he cares or Anastasius steps up and offers to cover the conversion charges, seeing as he's the main shareholder for Alkaev. Considering the team's need for a bit of a healer and purveyor of psychological support, Bagley's new hardware comes with a few terabytes of mental health courses preinstalled in the new brain. Seeing as Bagley's old office as the headmaster of the Hall used to be off on the third floor, he's in the best position to be able to offer a momentarily intimate environment for the kids to feel at ease and confide themselves in him.

Considering his background, though, and how he used to be just as scrappy as Archie and Bucky if the circumstances called for it, he wouldn't sit with a civilian armature. I figure his years as a house spirit and his natural phlegmatic and empathetic personality all work together to end up in a mind that could handle one of the more weaponized armature models without risking depersonalization.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Re: Ideas about Bagley...

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

I like that idea. :) Though, how will he be different from Archie or your other Victorian gentlemen?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Re: Ideas about Bagley...

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I figure his natural empathy means he has an easier time fitting in. Bucky technically has no problems because he just shrugs whenever someone goes "LOOKIT THIS HIGH TECH WHATSIT, HOLY SHIIIT DUDE!"

Ambrose (because that's his first name) is more the type to go "Oh, okay. Things changed, but they're supposed to." He's physically on the level with the other Transhumans, he was already a quietly progressive type as a living man, so his Victo affectations are more the result of him needing to keep some distance to better listen to and treat the Shieldies on the medical level. He'd be super-chummy if he had no professional obligations, but he's the type to take his medical and psychological upgrades seriously.