To Meris

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

To Meris

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

I know you wanted to leave a memento for Nereus to have in case you ever had to leave Dalarath. Did you ever manage to create a token of love for him to remember you by?
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

As Meris

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

"I did. I had to make it something small and unnoticeable to the Chamberlain's eyes, but I wanted for it to be meaningful to him in my absence. I felt it should be something that I could craft with my hands and be durable to withstand Dalarath's moist and salt-laden climate which can be damaging to fabrics like wool. It took a bit of time to come up with the right item, but I thought of an appropriate gift.

I was able to persuade one of the Void Weavers in Respite Point to manifest fibers that could withstand the unforgiving conditions, but still had rich color and soft texture. I used them to hand-weave small sections with a few seashells strung on the yarn. As I plaited the materials, I sang a few of Nereus' favorite songs, imbuing them into the fabric. I then stitched the woven piece into a little, round box with a lid secured by a beaded closure. As an added surprise, I placed a lock of my hair within it. I had to do this all in secret, usually when my husband was asleep and I had some personal time. I tucked it into a crevice within the grotto we shared, but I never did tell him where I hid it. I enchanted it that it would play when he was at his saddest and most private moments, so I hope that allowed him to find the trinket."