To Jack and Barney

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

To Jack and Barney

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

How did the latest catastrophe affect the two of you? Any comments on it?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Jack

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"I saw vegetables explode and fruits decay on their branches. I felt the old roots of last year's pumpkin patches convulse, and the seeds in my head felt like they were about to roast. I don't get migraines much - except when someone blows my gourd out - but I ended up with a killer one. Thanks a lot, Lord Machae.

The last time I saw anything like this was when that Rendell idiot tapped into the Centennial Tree.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go take a soil foot bath with some ibuprofen tablets crushed in..."
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Barney

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"Tragedy means business, means more food on my plate.

I've got grieving people wanting answers, confused newbie superheroes with a vendetta and enough sense to avoid burning their legal standing. They come to me, instead, and the Commission spreads the word. There's people that Machae idiot betrayed in Faeside, and they're also asking for answers. I've been around for way longer than Holden's new clique; I've got seniority. The right people have my number, so I'm in for a few months of decent steak and rice and maybe a year or so where paying my bills is gonna let me stay in the black.

Seeing people die sucks, seeing anyone wake up with dangerous abilities they can't control is even worse. Both things happen, though. Shit happens, and I get paid. Can't say that's changed, there's just more of it than usual. What's changed, though, is the way the local winos and hobos are organizing. Used to be Artie Holden ran the show with the local homeless; he'd keep them off the sauce, fed and on their feet. Did wonders for the ritzier sidewalks and it kept the soup kitchens going.

Now, though? They're slipping away. My own informants are getting trickier to reach, some of 'em are getting flakier than usual. Used to be the homeless pop was scattered around Green Island, now they're clustering; ignoring safe zones they'd usually stick to. They're forming cliques, making up these little rituals... Pair that with the way there's been a kind of New Age resurgence since the whole kerfuffle, the occasional weird high-profile Psych Ward admission, and I can read the writing on the wall...

Something's happened to Sophia's coverage area. She's keeping out the curse, same as usual - but there's a crack in her armor, and something else is slipping through, infecting the city starting with the local untouchables and a couple eccentrics. The higher tiers get promised serenity, success and whatever spiritual bullshit works at the exact same moment, and Curran's losing the youngest in his flock to whatever trendy Karmic buzzwords are up on Twitter.

The Holden kids have their work cut out for them."