Holiday-themed game?

Plot, scheme, devise, tinker and ruminate all you want in this forum. This space is chiefly reserved for any out-of-character discussions still pertaining to the game or storyline that might need to take place. If it fits the game but none of our characters, voice it here!
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Holiday-themed game?

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

It's that time of year again, so is anyone up for a Christmas/Yuletide general game?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Re: Holiday-themed game?

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Sure. Got some concepts to toss around? I'm thinking I'd put in a subplot about Archie being miserable because Forsythe invited himself for the Holidays... :)
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

One idea is Shield's first holiday office party, and unexpected visitors just invite themselves.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Maybe, yeah. I wouldn't mind, but I don't know if Karl has a serious amount of stamina for basically social RPs...

I'm thinking Arthur gets bored just thinking about how girded, Victorian and just plain whitebread Archie's Christmas parties happen to be, so he uses the fact that the Hopeverse has a kind of magic-enabled Murder Mystery party kit that's on sale to turn the usual "Let's sit by the fire, sip brandy and munch on buffet standards until midnight rings" thing into a whodunnit.

One of our guys volunteers to be the "victim" and also gets a double role as a kind of arcane FX-enabled ghost. Everyone else has to basically make like Clue and find a way to find evidence while watching their backs and keeping an eye on everyone else, because anyone could be the culprit.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

That sounds fun. :) I guess the subplot with Forsythe making Archie miserable would still happen?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Yeah. :D That wouldn't be too hard to mesh into the main plot of the game. I figure Archie would consider it as a mild form of vengeance if he does get to force his uncle into the oh-so-immature need to act out a role.