Dinner with a Werewolf

Completed one-shot storylines are archived here after their completion.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Re: Dinner with a Werewolf

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"Oh, I've tasted of the Kilkennys' somersaults and kick-flips before," he reassured her. "I told you I had to apprehend my fair share of local Tir Na Nog natives. Last I saw them, the trio had taken to the thirties' Working Thug aesthetic, all in stained slacks, suspenders, flannel shirts and flat caps. James had given them minor postings in order to placate them, but that didn't seem to stop both Mac Loch and O'Sullivan from dealing with them."

As had been the case for the last few weeks, mentioning Winters seemed to trouble Archie. The gang leader-slash-former comrade of his had been recalled to Ireland by personal affairs, leaving the local Irish diaspora free of his sobering influence. The human and anthro contingents didn't need much discipline, thankfully, but some of Winters' recruited Fae or supernaturals really only stuck to the straight-and-narrow because he'd been there to turn this into a profitable venture.

"This reminds me," he then added, "I neglected to mention that I've been sending out feelers to India and Great Britain. We've lost former recruits, either permanently or for a prolonged span of time, so I took the liberty of consulting my own contacts. I've some hopes of hearing from my comrade under Major General Sleeman's command, Captain Arvinder King. Having been born gifted, there is some hope for him to still possess a bit of vim and vigor he could place at our disposition. That is, if he fancies a prolonged, perhaps permanent trip to America."
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

The werewolf raised an eyebrow at her gentleman friend. "How would he be able to help us? I'm sure he has experience and ability, but how would that fit in with the youngsters?" she asked.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"He has experience with command chains, for one, and also knows when and how to abandon the hierarchy - and he happens to be quite the sniper," he said, smirking. "What I have in terms of a sharpshooter's abilities, I owe to him. His gifts are subtle and complex, mostly focusing on superhuman eyesight, reflexes and aiming abilities."
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

"Then he would most certainly be welcome here. Your group could always use another operative to show them how to pounce on their foes," Crystal noted.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"I'm glad you agree," he said. "Last I'd heard, Arvinder was splitting his time between London and his bungalow in Kerala Province. He had never been one to grow attached to urban sprawl. Bombay - now Mumbai - would have pushed him away over time."

He smiled. "King is one of those anthros who seek to grow closer to their wilder kin. He enjoyed living in close proximity to the jungle and Kerala's tiger sanctuaries. He had developed his skills after spending years culling packs his family protected. The terminally sick, the injured, the man-eaters grown addicted to innocent blood, the dangerously old... He put these to his rifle, so the others could live safely."
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

"Sounds like a good man, then," Crystal observed, then frowning thoughtfully. "If he can't stand urban sprawl, then how would he deal with Hope? It rivals New York in size and population."