Don't you just hate this?

Sophia's neck of the woods (pun intended), this is where you should head for any meet-and-greet you'd like to partake in, as well for any discussion that isn't related to role-playing. Have fun, go crazy - but keep your nose clean.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Don't you just hate this?

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

You're on a roll, writing a post, doot-de-doo, when all of a sudden, the punctuation marks get all wonky. Commas are stuck as apostrophes and everything acts as though some troll were holding down a Shift key. No matter how much you look, both of your Shift keys look fine. So you freak out.

Out comes Malwarebytes and out comes AVG because Wonky Keyboard surely equals Diseased Computer, right? In and out comes the USB jack, too. Nothing works!

You save your in-progress post as a desktop hard copy, only to realize that you can't right-click anymore. What the fuck?! Again, panic.

Then - realize, something like forty-five minutes later, that your preferred Shift key is being temperamental again. It's kind of stuck halfway between "pressed down" and "loose", probably as a result of your strenuous gaming sessions.

I really need to do the following:
1. buy a new fucking keyboard. Again.
2. stop mashing on my keys when I'm typing. You'd swear I'm a hardboiled twenties' typist who isn't satisfied if the keys aren't making a heck of a racket! I just can't help myself, Cerebral Palsy and whatnot. I never learned and could learn to tickle them word and gaming-associated ivories. I mash 'em, instead.

Eugh.