Game Sharing

Sophia's neck of the woods (pun intended), this is where you should head for any meet-and-greet you'd like to partake in, as well for any discussion that isn't related to role-playing. Have fun, go crazy - but keep your nose clean.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Game Sharing

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Steam's started its Shared Library beta. I've only now just joined the associated Steam Group, so I should eventually get a Beta key.

What this does is that I can set myself as lending my entire Steam library to my friends. If you download a game I own, I won't be able to use Steam while you'll be using one or more of my games. If I happen to log on while you'll be playing, you'll receive a five-minute window in which to either stop playing or buy the game you're using.

If there's something you'd like to try, all we'll need to do is come up with some kind of schedule. Don't worry about depriving me of my precious gaming time - I can always temporarily crack a few of my installed titles so they become independent from Steam. Failing that, I have a bunch of stuff on my backlog that I haven't cleared and that isn't associated with Steam.

So - log on, see what I've got, and ask away!