To Anton

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

To Anton

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

Why weren't you able to find allies that might aid you in your work? Even in Dalarath, you had to have heard about resistance forces. Does it merely stem from your solitary personality or was reaching out to those who could help you especially difficult for you and Eithne?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Anton

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"In Dalarath, not being well connected means you'll stagnate, socially speaking. I was never a nobleman of any considerable repute, I never could gravitate around the Lords or the Augur. All I had, before I met Eithne, was blind obedience. That was my one and only option.

All I could do was listen, and I heard about Meris and Nereus. I found hope when I heard that our own leader was secretly a convinced apostate, but I had no means of contacting them, much less of convincing them of how dedicated I was, how aligned our causes were. Having no choice, I worked on my own. If I couldn't join the Augur's band of heretics, then I'd take inspiration from them, instead. So I did, and I narrowly succeeded.

I expected to keep hearing of Nereus and Meris, expected their rebellion to have been carried to term. It didn't take me long to realize they'd failed, having only managed to emancipate a few of their numbers. Worse still, the survivors all suspected the Augur had betrayed their cause. Knowing I'd be unable to return and claim Eithne, and understanding that I couldn't simply sit and wait for her to reach the surface, I set to work on my own.

If I'd known how conflicted and trapped Nereus was, my judgement of him wouldn't have been so hasty. In the immediate, however, I resolved to kill him in order to avenge all those he'd disappointed and led to their death."