Yay, Internet Woes!

Sophia's neck of the woods (pun intended), this is where you should head for any meet-and-greet you'd like to partake in, as well for any discussion that isn't related to role-playing. Have fun, go crazy - but keep your nose clean.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Yay, Internet Woes!

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

It turns out I was dealing with two simultaneous problems.

On the one hand, the router was dying out. A few hours later, its LED lights wouldn't even report activity by blinking. Seems like the dust got to it over a year, despite the fact that I'm not that much of a slob. Programmed obsolescence for the win? It came with a two-year warranty and lasted about one year and eight months.

Apart from that, my iPhone's antenna seems to be flakier than it used to be. My connectivity keeps veering wildly between three bars and no bars at all, even if I'm seated right in front of the router with the phone pointed directly at it. It might join up with your suggestions regarding potential hardware problems, Phopo. I'll give it a few days and maybe pop in by the Bell counter that sold me my iPhone plan, to see if they have any potential replacement 4Ses lying around. Connecting to the network took a solid three minutes, whereas my father's own 4S hooked up as soon as I provided the required network key and hit "Join".