To Nereus

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

To Nereus

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

When you first came to the surface, how did the different holidays feel in comparison to the ones on Dalarath's calendar? How do you feel about them now that you're free?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Nereus

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"It won't be much of a surprise if I say Dalarath's idea of a holiday usually involves death, depravity and a human sacrifice or two. I grew up thinking you had to please the Others on these sacred days, for fear of reprisal. Naturally, my first observing Christmas in Greece was done in the same spirit, as if the Greek Saint Nicholas could've come down to smite me!"

He chuckles.

It took a few years for me to drop the false cheer and understand that holidays are a genuine time for joy, for most surface-dwellers - and even longer to realize that for some people, there's no real joy involved. For some unfortunates, Christmas and New Year's are times of genuine suffering without any Eldritch being coming into the equation - and realizing this participated in my decision to become a sort of triple agent for the forces of Good. I'd serve the Others as a New Age guru, but only through the most aggressive displays of earnestness and kindness I could muster!

His smile falters slightly.

Things didn't quite turn out like this, either. I've suffered, I've done less than I'd hoped in some ways and more than I could've hoped for in others, and, well, I'm more than ready for my Santa Claus costume. I've already got the beard - or the tentacles - and belly for it, after all..."