To Coach

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

To Coach

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

What is the home you share with Aspasia and Miranda like? Is is connected to The Last Round, or is it separate?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Coach

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"I used to have an apartment two blocks down from the restaurant, just before Elysium. Once Aspasia and I decided to start a family, we moved a few blocks south of the Last Round, found ourselves a little roundabout with sixties' bungalows that weren't damaged or in need of serious renovations. We're a stone's throw away from her school and the restaurant, the neighbours are getting up there in years and the new arrivals are younger parents. That makes for a pretty cozy street.

Two bedrooms, one office, a workshop down in the basement, and a living room that's also at the bottom of our split-level. That keeps the ground-level area nice and quiet, which is perfect seeing as Asp and I are both pretty big readers. TV's mostly for news and the occasional movie rental. We've got the biggest yard on our side of the roundabout, so we've got plenty of space for a pool, a patio and a time-share between Annuals and various herbs. Anything I can coax into growing under Rhode Island weather and that pairs well with my recipes, I plant. Asp's snuck in the occasional sage and lavender boughs for her own research, and she's turned an old electric fountain with a faux rock finish into a little shrine of sorts.

I still don't know if she's managed to attract anything like kodama or minor nature spirits, but it's still a pretty addition on its own. Follow our little stone path and you'll find where Mira's old swing set used to be. Now we've got a little boules and horseshoes alley for games with the neighbours in summertime, and our compost heap.

We've tried going for a kind of balance between my memories of faded Mission designs and earthenware tiles and her more contemporary European idea of décor - mostly a nice and sedate setup for the occasional bits of Neo-Pagan miscellany her research had her collect. We don't do Stereotypical Wicca or Wannabe Shinto, we haven't overdone the Country Living themes and I didn't set things up like I'm still pining for the roads between Missouri and Texas. It's all still pretty sedate, but it reflects who we are."