To Tom

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I've powered through the Requiem: Vampire Knight series. I'd almost call it Pat Mills: Edgelord, instead.

Any opinions?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"If you'll give me the equivalent of one good nap and a few hours in Angel Time, I'll try and cover the series..."

He pops back in a short while later.

"It's... I don't...

Can I express a nonverbal opinion?"

He groans loudly. Not out of lust, but out of sheer annoyance.

"Hell as an S&M landscape where you age backwards, evil is good and good is outlawed and archeologists bury future technology?! Everyone has terrible puns and licks their chops at the most immature displays of sociopathic behavior and - there's a Romeo and Juliet expy story stuck in there?! And the cynicism - my God, does Pat Mills drink crude oil instead of coffee in the morning?!"

He sighs.

"The Black Goat might appreciate finding ways to make his own court feel like a chunk of Westeros, complete with incestuous power games and successive betrayals, but I love life. I've chosen to look for the best in most people, and don't spend my time commiserating over the various failures and moral betrayers perpetrated by mortal society. I don't see liars and hypocrites everywhere and I'm lucid enough to understand that the pursuit of pure moral accountability is next-to-impossible in the context of an average existence. That comic is misunderstanding and misinterpreting the purpose the Pit has imposed on itself, disregarding the existence of Pandemonium, and presents any form of redemption as being a sick joke worthy of the most bile-ridden peals of cynical laughter!

I can see the adolescent appeal for the first few pages - but a few volumes in? Ugh.

I think I'll go find an excuse to hug Aislinn for a few minutes; I need an emotional pick-me-up..."