Guess who's also going back to school?

Sophia's neck of the woods (pun intended), this is where you should head for any meet-and-greet you'd like to partake in, as well for any discussion that isn't related to role-playing. Have fun, go crazy - but keep your nose clean.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Guess who's also going back to school?

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

This guy.

My resumé's paltry even by my definition, being freelance has its perks - but I'd like to be able to stop looking over my shoulder for all things post-condo purchase or apartment-rental. I'm getting bothered by the fact that the folks are shouldering half of my two insurance policies, so yeah. I need more skills to pay the bills. Thank God, the old Alma Mater's updated her site with an online registration system! No more groaning because I have to lug myself to the registrar to get a fuckton of carbon paper to fill and then tear out!

I'm studying the base process for registering to the Communications department, seeing as I'd like to have a shot in public relations or marketing. I think I'd do okay at an ad agency, for instance, but I'd need that darned little slip of paper telling folks I'm qualified, first. So off to a Comms certificate we go! Full-time, too - I want to blaze through this as fast as humanly possible. I got way too cocky in thinking my Bachelor's could be worked on at two or three classes per semester. I'm 32, I'm not a young spring buck anymore, I need this fast. The older I get, the less desirable I become to the average employer. 

I'll still be able to stop by and post - and having more of a routine should help me post more often anyway - seeing as the classes for this program don't start until September. I'll at least have kicked the administrative door down and beaten other folks to the punch.