Brewing ideas for a general roleplay.

Plot, scheme, devise, tinker and ruminate all you want in this forum. This space is chiefly reserved for any out-of-character discussions still pertaining to the game or storyline that might need to take place. If it fits the game but none of our characters, voice it here!
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Brewing ideas for a general roleplay.

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

I've been having this idea where Ciaran travels back in time to Hope's Superhero Golden Age and has to help the old guard out, possibly during the time where the Red Scourge might be questioning his personal motives, has romantic chemistry with Sophia, and other interesting plot elements. I'm open to suggestions.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Re: Brewing ideas for a general roleplay.

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Heh. It's true that we haven't had a lot of classic villains hellbent on public gloating. Although, Lev was more into public displays of extreme moroseness at that time - it's hard to question your own motives while acting out the part of someone who has or needs a nemesis or an archenemy. I figure Ciaran could get more insight into Lev by running into Rasputin, which makes him understand just who was the Golden Era's real bad guy.

Public opinion at the time probably put Doctor Cerebro as being the worst of the city's threats, but hindsight makes most people realize the guy was just a kook, in 2025. A dangerously enabled kook, but a kook nonetheless.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

All three would be fun to run into, but I'm not sure why Ciaran would travel back in time, unless it was an accident. Perhaps one of Amazo's spells gone awry? What might the problem be in the game?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I'm guessing we can skip the "Oshit, time travel has HUGE REPERCUSSIONS, YOU GUYS!" angle and just assume that if you're forking back to before the Battle of Hope, you're just causing an alternate timeline to branch off. The current version of Amazo isn't big on time travel, but I could see one of George's past selves manifesting in the present rather casually.

Seeing as it wouldn't be catastrophically bad if you messed with a timeline that won't affect you because the past is immutable, then I'm guessing Past Gammell would solicit someone's help on ethical grounds, more than the usual time traveller's concerns. Maybe another one of his selves turned a bit too ruthless and decided to try and shoulder up Lev and Rasputin for the sake of having someone - anyone - on standby with the ability to nuke the Others to oblivion. Past George thinks boosting Rasputin and a psychologically-troubled Lev is ethically irresponsible, Present George agrees, so they mess around the Multiverse looking for someone who's low-profile and empathetic enough...

And pop goes the Ciaran.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

That sounds fun. :)
Karl the Mad

Post by Karl the Mad »

Where or when would the rest of us be while all this is going on?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I'm guessing everything that could or should realistically contribute could. If time travel is safer and less complex in this version of the Hopeverse, we could end up with weird pairings like Old Ethan meeting Sixties Ethan with his hindsight intact or Old Lev meeting Sixties Lev after his time spent in the pokey and his conversion to the Good Guy camp.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

That's possible as well.