To Haraldson

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Haraldson

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

So, how long ago did you last flyt?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Haraldson

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

He nearly chokes on his Thermos-insulated and blood-filled travel cup, then swallows back an urge to chuckle.

"Ah, well, you see, flyting is something a warrior defaults to out of either profound friendship or deeply internalized scorn. The modern day looks down on displays of rhetorical bravura if they don't appear to come out of living actors or well-received rap artisans. I've occasionally planted a rhyme or two in my scolding the occasional errant Junior in Wyvern's Investments team, but have yet to receive a response. I suspect there is something to my face, as dessicated and fang-filled as it is, that makes most others assume I couldn't possibly not mean business in the sense modern brokers and financial advisors are used to."

He grins and sighs.

"Oh, well. Times change for all of us, don't they? Would that I could flyt with one possessed of skill; alas, most keep jaws tight and feed rumor mills..."
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"Okay, I'll bite...

I am not one to brag, Haraldson-Jarl, but I've been known to flyt with nary a snarl."

He glances at Meris

"Want to chip in, darling?"
Karl the Mad

As Charles

Post by Karl the Mad »

"A good flyter's ready at the drop o' th' hat, else 'e finds 'imself face down flat on th' mat!"
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Three

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"I'm sure you are, Charles - you're champing at the bit; but I sometimes wonder if you've got all the needed wits..."

Three adds in a big smirk and a slurp from his very regular and very much not blood-filled Thermos
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

As Meris

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

"The closest I came to flyting was with the Chamberlain. Though, it was in the Black Speech, during the days when I was Queen of Dalarath."
Karl the Mad

As Mary

Post by Karl the Mad »

"Angry Warriors,
Slinging Words Around Like Mud,
They Sound Like Children!"
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Tom and Lucian

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Tom: "Mary! How goes it? Love the energy, but haikus aren't terribly Nordic. Not that I care, though - I'm not exactly the Flyting Police."

Lucian: "Oh, come now, mister Magnus; it's obvious that this is the form she is most comfortable with. As for the Black Speech being comparable to flyting, well... I would say this is a very generous comparison, perhaps excessively so.

The Architect's restored words do strike me as having the measured pace of philosophical debates carried out in the utmost courtesy and respect, but my old idiom felt as though two parasitic strains of data were competing for the same neurological payload, whenever employed in a discussion. It obviously infirms the Loyalists' love for treachery and deceit, especially considering how open confrontation oftentimes happened to be exhausting and exceedingly dangerous for all parties involved."