To Tom

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Has Quint ever been called a Satanist?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"I'd ask if wild bears defecate in the woods, but I'd rather keep things informative... 

Satanism is still a fairly nasty and awfully generic world to use in front of warlocks and necromancers, to be honest - it's a difficult reminder of the fact that we still have some in-roads to make with the general population. The scientific doctrine supports what we do the same way it's moved to support more, erm, Arthurian or druidic versions of the Craft, but no amount of cogent discussion between two professionals can negate the fact that for a lot of schlocky Hollywood producers, my ilk still adheres to black silk robes, human sacrifices and Pig Latin. That, in turn, fuels the suspicions of right-wing talk-radio wingnuts who like to imagine that I've deflowered Aislinn, or that I'm using Club Ishtar as a means to canoodle with my brethren. Read: the local rich and famous, the occasional Hollywood producer and a smattering of starlets.

Build literally anything swanky and up-scale, and it'll soon attract those who already tore through Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive looking for a shard of congealed happiness payable by credit. I renovated my tower and club to shelter those who'd require it, and whoever so much as squats my bar for the sake of visibility or passable appletinis will soon realize I don't much care for their kind of limelight. If I once did, that need's withered away just as my ambitions for Iram and for the world grew. Spend long enough struggling against a streak of self-imposed shallowness, and you develop a chronic allergy to Entertainment Tonight's pond scum.

If anyone catches wind of my power and decides it'll be a good idea to call me Master or to photobomb an evening summons to Melmoth or Gabriel, they'll soon realize that I'm in no need of sycophants or cultists. I need friends and dependable allies. Like those I've already earned.

So, yes. Quint's been called a Satanist by local talk-show hosts and so have I, now that the efforts against Hell are being more closely orchestrated. Once the proverbial bell tolls, however, I'll show Hope how a Pop Culture Satanist would cower behind his faithful - and how a Warlock isn't afraid to fight fire with Hellfire, to defend what he believes in."