To Tom

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

How are anthros scientifically classified?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"If Aislinn's a Mutophoca Sapiens and Aidan's your basic Homo Sapiens Sapiens, I'm a Phacochoerus Sapiens. Pick the sub-family of the anthro's greater genetic tree, and use its specific name. 

I mean, nobody's going to be offended if you take a shortcut and accidentally label me a Sus Sapiens - but I'm not a pig. I'm a warthog. Different genetic history, different forms of anthropomorphization thanks to the dragons' influence, so on and so forth. Your basic anthro pig gets bigger eyes than my specific sub-group, on average, and anthro pigs gets to freely pick from human blood bank donors when something gets them wheeled to the ER. I can't. Tom might've been B-positive, if you stick B-pos into me that belonged to human, there's good chances I'll go into anaphylactic shock.

Now, as to why the Homos - pun intended - get an extra Sapiens as per our universe? Blame racism, pure and simple. Darwin and Malthus were starting to toy around with the idea of divergences in species that most anthros still tended to get short-changed by the scientific and medical communities. We all used to be your jobbers, your burly factory bosses, your solid and unquestioning workmen, your hunters or your soldiers, but apparently, only the humans had enough mettle to tackle philosophy, to think about thinking. That's where the double sapiens comes from.

Nowadays, the only real reason the second Sapiens sticks around is because of the way you humans evolved, and didn't just sprout out of animal vaginas and cloacas on a fast-forward over two or three generations. Modern man and the Neanderthal might've only been separated by a few alleles in their genes, God knows that distinction matters a lot to you. So, well, you crowned yourselves as better thinkers than the previous hairless thinkers on the block."