To Tom

Grab yourself a seat, start a fire and poke one of our resident vigilantes, average Joes or supervillains as much as you'd like.

An in-character advice board/in-character discussion space, this forum doesn't require or allow the use of sock puppet accounts. Simply edit the topic title for each in-character reply as "As [insert character name here]".
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

To Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

What defines a warlock, specifically?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

As Tom

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

"Just as is the case with typical life sciences, mages tend to consider themselves as observers of via's natural state, and not influencers. Their power comes from years of study and decades of practice and refinement. Centuries, for confirmed mages and Archmages - longer still for that last group.

A warlock, on the other hand, is someone with an innate ability to channel via constructively, and someone whose relationship with the World's Breath is usually explosive. As a demon, my channeling both the world's latent energies and Hellfire isn't all that frequent. While Quint was an errant practitioner, I'm sticking much more closely to the idea of a warlock. I'm an arcane bruiser - someone with a working theory on subtle mechanisms innate to arcane energies, but who still prefers to throw fireballs, minions and curses at his enemies. Someone who could ply Hellfire to his will long before reaching the mortal plane, but who's never going to have the patience to enchant fine or sensitive pieces of equipment."