Corporate Hostilities

Completed one-shot storylines are archived here after their completion.
Karl the Mad

Re: Corporate Hostilities

Post by Karl the Mad »

"We're a shipping company, Aidan, not manufacturers," Mary told Drake, although not chidingly. Of course she had interest in manufacturers, but that was beside the point. "But yes, I've heard of Brenner. Been down there myself a few times, actually; despite this country's love affair with weapons and death, not all firearms purchases can be safely carried out at legitimate gun shops." Wyndham was another reliable source for her, and she sometimes even patronized his jewelry store. But buying from Jenkins felt too much like fraternization for her, so she'd yet to give him her custom.

At the talk of Drifters, she nodded thoughtfully. "I don't keep track of our client list like I should, and it's always possible some of the names are fake. But we do have the occasional request for off-world transit, which I usually have to sub-contract out." She shook her head. "I've actually told my bean counters to look into whether developing interplanetary capabilities would benefit H&J in the long run; we've played it safe for the last hundred years by sticking to terra firma, but I hate playing it safe, and risky bets are always more lucrative. Plus, expansion provides investment opportunities!"