Archie as a Void Weaver?

Plot, scheme, devise, tinker and ruminate all you want in this forum. This space is chiefly reserved for any out-of-character discussions still pertaining to the game or storyline that might need to take place. If it fits the game but none of our characters, voice it here!
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Archie as a Void Weaver?

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I gotta admit this idea's been bumping around in the back of my head. Maybe he'd like to go organic again, or maybe some odd opportunity arises...

TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Re: Archie as a Void Weaver?

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

That's a possibility, too. I know you've mentioned having his consciousness be uploaded to the internet, whenever he might die, and it just depends on what route you want to go with. :) What's the image from? A roleplaying game book?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Yeah, Archie's future is something I keep messing around with. Consider that as just one avenue among many. I figured Chambers might eventually start working on an "anti-Shield" of sorts, beginning with a Paradise-ordered and tailor-made Squid with Archie's illicitly copied knowhow. As usual, our guys would go offworld, Archie would theoretically bite it, and our guys would have the opportunity to steal themselves a new boss. Or at least, a new body for their boss.

Honestly, that appeals to me a bit more than him getting a flat upgrade. Him being a technically newborn Squid would isolate him from the Black Speech users, so no risk of godmoding him there, and he's likely to take his linguistic tutoring from Jubal and some others among the Gentlemen. I doubt he'd ever become much of a creator, unlike Nereus, but I could see him using bits and bobs of the White Speech to garble video feeds, lockpick barriers or doors, or as a kind of supporting and nullifying instance, in case anyone in the team is exposed to the Black Speech. As long as Squids aren't recognized by the Accords, Archie could also use that to generate a "Somebody Else's Problem" field, to make people compulsively disregard the fact that Archie Holden's sprouted tentacles.

As for the image, it's from Robert Schilling's concept art Tumblr page. He's probably the upteenth artist to try his hand at the "Debonair and Nonviolent Illithid" concept, but I like the idea of a theoretically mind-rending monstrosity sticking to casual sophistication. I can definitely see Archie developing a yen for creating Scotch or Martini glasses for himself out of thin air - with or without alcohol, depending on the situation.

It all looks really harmless, until you realize the Martini's "olive" is actually a tiny brain speared on a toothpick. :D
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

With Chambers making an anti-Shield team, will each of our good guys have a partially cloned doppelganger?
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

The main players, yeah. I don't know that they'll all get to mature and become fully-fledged individuals, but feel free to work on Squid Aislinn, if you'd like. ;)

I figure Chambers would manipulate them just as he's manipulated Nereus, so I don't see them acting "for the evulz". They'd be another instance of indoctrination, just as Aspasia was back when she worked with Elysium. These modified Squids or partial clones would ideally feel justified in their actions.