- wars are now extremely short, extremely violent, but tech has allowed for minimization of casualties to a certain degree
- information is now a prominent weapon. US Army has its Cyber-Warfare Corps consisting of weapons-trained and traditionally drilled soldiers with backgrounds in hacking, programming or I.T. sector
- ground troops are helped by Exosuits and Combat Frames
- weaponry hasn't severely changed. Karthian gear is DNA-locked, but Grayskin arms manufacturers produce projectile and acceleration-based weaponry for use by armed forces
- mag-lev and transeuranic weapons are common, some rifle models shave off filings of ablative matter from a "block" of ammo instead of needing to be reloaded every X bullets fired
- different feed and blade systems produce different shavings with different aerodynamic properties and purposes: bullet-ish grains of sand propelled at speeds sufficient to emulate 9 mm pistol rounds
- blade-shaped wedges are great for shotguns. Long, thin, tapered lines of matter are perfect for sniper rifle
- usually black market stuff, over the counter in scummy resellers or used by Earth's juntas, crime rings or paramilitary forces
- very close to traditional Earth mechanics. Gas-based or bolt-action, projectile rounds, etc.
- sturdier, though, and inner mechanisms allow for use of unconventional ordnance: flaming rounds, acid capsules, miniature high-yield capacitor rounds for shocking blasts, etc.
- no specific "brand" or authorized resellers. Every Paradise weaponsmith has its particularities, flavors and signature. At best, a weaponsmith might like a certain design or flourish...
- something he'll repeat often enough for it to become a signature of his little one-man factory
- pioneered by Goliath, now developed worldwide by different manufacturers
- suit contains nanotube canules that connect to user's nervous system and bloodstream through capillaries
- the canules deposit oxygen-boosting synthetic particles in bloodstream, and interlink the user's nervous system with the suit's own hardware
- outer layer includes carbon fiber, microcurrent-sensitive kinetic multipliers - essentially strength and speed boosters. Suit is designed to shoulder 200% more weight or effort than the user's body alone could tolerate
- each suit calibrates itself to the user's physical condition and shape, forming a kind of symbiosis
- energy is shunted into outer layers on impact, negating small-arms fire and *hopefully* seriously diminishing heavy gunfire
- effectively looks like a close-fitting second "layer" of exposed muscle, thin enough to be hidden underneath slightly baggy clothing
- this allows mundanes from SWAT teams or Special Forces to engage in confrontations that would kill your average cop or soldier.
- one large drawback: bond is addictive. Agents or officers need to be utterly clean of all records of substance abuse before being cleared for use. Tests are passed after service record is closed
- essentially mechs. Never deployed in urban warfare conditions unless area has been cleared
- models vary immensely. Scout models are basically bikes that double as deployable body amps/more fragile Exosuits. Heavy models are essentially repurposed and weaponized dock loader frames with oversized weaponry
- floating aircraft carriers: essentially inverted zepplins flying on top of a massive and reinforced bag of air. Technology has been perfected to minimize puncture and depressurization risks using flexible, ultradense materials
- CHAPs: Colonial Heavy Armatures Personnel. Essentially Victorian Britain's attempted answer to the Kitaiteki. Used in World War One only. Minimal danger during wartime, but sociopathic leanings emerged in peacetime
- considering, today's surviving CHAP units are transferred to and from their heavy armatures as needed - never allowed to remain in them outside of open war. Usually fairly hulking and faceless units
- KKUs: Karthian Kossack Units: dismantled, but see Kitaiteki. One is suspected to have escaped decomission and re-introduction in an engineered Karthian body...
- Kitaiteki: some were captured, others were killed and scrapped, others escaped the grasp of international authorities... Suspected to work with Yakuza in the hopes of reintroducing Shogunates in the foreseeable future
- all survivors of this type are avowed terrorists, except for Shamus Wallace (Bucky)
- most of everything else Hope's Victorian Era pioneered is now displayed in museums
See what the world's like in 2025! All specific technological achievements are chronicled here for your perusal.
1 post • Page 1 of 1