Theme Songs

Sophia's neck of the woods (pun intended), this is where you should head for any meet-and-greet you'd like to partake in, as well for any discussion that isn't related to role-playing. Have fun, go crazy - but keep your nose clean.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Re: Theme Songs

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

Very appropriate! :)
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I hear this and think about Delmar's visions and dreams concerning the Void Weavers' past, back when their powers of creation were being used to create beautiful things; back when they still could look to the stars. I can also see how this would tie to his dreams for his people's future: power being used wisely, to benefit everyone on Earth, while at the same time allowing for the full celebration of the core of what being a Void Weaver means. For all the evil his kind spreads, for all the things he'd like to undo, he's never lost that pride. It's not a boastful kind of pride - just the certainty that he wouldn't apologize for much of anything.

Once they'll grasp selflessness, he believes, their true glory will be within reach - and they won't be enemies to the rest of the world anymore. They'll have recovered the sanctity of the posting they occupied under the Architect's rule.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

I wonder, sometimes, how Three's fighting style will be impacted with the training he'll receive over the years. Right now he's a generic jarhead who's only starting to have some idea of the potential of the Fae's freeform approach to fencing, so he favors his periodically available guns over the sword he's going to receive from Lady Eirean.

Fast-forward a few years, though, and I could see him going back and forth between his pistols and his claymore, the Lexicon allowing him to basically direct fights like a Japanese beat-'em-up's protagonist - possibly those of the Platinum Games variety, if that tells you anything. Equal parts decent tactics and of the kind of sheer joy a lot of Fae tend to find in combat, plus some internal Black Speech-enabled gravity or occasionally strength-defying maneuvers. Bullet-juggling tough enemies, using his next sword slash to sort of baseball-bat-swat a mook for Aislinn to have a go at with her TK claws, or running up or down building sides to reach difficult targets - far from godlike and still plenty vulnerable, but very, very style-oriented.

And what does a showy combat style require? An internal Hybrid Metal soundtrack, of course!

I accidentally linked the extended version, but you can listen to the first five minutes or so to get a decent idea. I figure Three can be allowed his occasional I'm badass and it's cool as Hell moments without impacting anyone else's performance; especially if I make him specialize in chip damage, if in an actual confrontation. He'll need everyone else to survive, but I guess he'll reach a point where honest-to-God mundanes with guns or blades won't pose that much of a threat - essentially ending up on par with a more standard superhero. By that point, if we play our cards right, the Shieldies will have, too. The organics in terms of proficiency, the Clanks in terms of upgrades.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

Another one for Nereus and somewhat for Meris.

TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

I know I've been on a Meris schtick with these theme songs, but this song seems like a badass boast song for Meris, from her to the Chamberlain. She started out as a peasant and gained power on her own volition for the most part. The part of making a choice is definitely directed at Nereus, but the rest of the lyrics are centered around her and her personal battle against the thorn in her beloved's side. Other parts of it make me think of her sneaking around the shadows offing Chambers' henchmen. And a certain melody in the song is definitely reminiscent of Ronnie James Dio's Holy Diver, a badass song in and of itself. ;)

IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Paul McCartney contributed this song to the PR bandwagon for Bungie's Destiny, and coming from him it's... actually pretty subpar for an ex-Beatle's work. Filtered through Jillian Aversa, her husband's Electro skills, and some awesome cosplay, the end result is staggering. Considering the themes being tackled, it's an adequate summation of the rebels' efforts, Meris and Nereus, as well as George's. "Heavenly light" particularly strikes me as being an allusion to public validation in and of itself - the end of their struggles.

In-context, though, Aversa is singing as Destiny's three character classes (Titan, Hunter and Warlock) and two of its available female genders, for the Humans and the Awoken.

TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

Something's not loading right, Leam. I don't know if it's Youtube blocking the video, my internet connection, or the coding's off.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Fixed!

Tried embedding it from the tablet, ended up borking the code.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

Nice song!
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

A new song and a random Halloween RP idea.

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Some years after our guys have their first honest brush with an agent of the Others, Alkaev asks for Mary and Shield's help on Paradise. Void Weaver activity is suspected, but apart from foreboding graffiti and Black Speech symbols popping up in Maintainer code, everything feels fine. If anything, recent implants and cyborg conversions report rising rates of anxiety. Fearing a surge, Tyler Renny's asked for help.

Some new cyborgs start a Transhuman cult, the corrupted Maintainer code spreads - until an A.I.-based aspect of Amaxi emerges. Enter lots of Body Horror à la Event Horizon, and a race to reboot the Central Processing Core before the Other takes over and turns the station into a charnel house.

Have some fitting spoopy music.