Theme Songs

Sophia's neck of the woods (pun intended), this is where you should head for any meet-and-greet you'd like to partake in, as well for any discussion that isn't related to role-playing. Have fun, go crazy - but keep your nose clean.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Re: Theme Songs

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Awesome catch, Ten - and I'll admit I immediately figured you'd link to "Honeybee" when you mentioned Steam Powered Giraffe. I agree wholeheartedly.
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

This one might fit Zeb, and I have to admit, the song fits like a glove, but the video actually fits, too!

Here, we have The Parlor Trick and one of the songs from their first album. It's called Half Sick of Shadows and, well, even though Zeb predates the twenties or the late early aughts of the last century, I can't help myself but to see him recounting some evenings with Evangeline as having a bit of that strange, quasi Middle-Eastern mystique that was all the rage, as of the Victorian era's Spiritualist craze.

The end result is a song that fits with one of the lich's soliloquies, and the creepiest demonstration of belly-dance skills ever. Ten, Weird - did you ever notice how if you take to these undulations slowly, it stops being alluring or even exotic, and maybe goes a little lizardlike? There's something about this particular variation on belly-dance that makes my skin crawl. And I usually like that sort of stuff. Not that I hate those creepy-crawlies - it's just kind of new.

TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

Wow, definitely beautiful and, to some degree, creepy.
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

This is a fairly obvious one, but I was re-listening to Woodkid's Iron and thought it fit Meris pretty well. There's a certain sadness to it as well as inner conflict with her past. It also reflects some of her view toward the upcoming battle with the Others.

IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

Okay, that's it. Adrian Snow's a Cantor and a Power Metal singer. How do I know? Only because I can't stop listening to this bit of utter Metal awesomeness, which I keep imagining as something he uses to open his concerts with. The more I listen to it, the more I think he considers himself as a modern bard, not in the "RPG-esque purveyor of buffs" sense, but as a chronicler. He wants to sing about all corners of Faerie, the forgotten deeds of heroism of the Draugr and of the Berserkers, the valor and daily sacrifices of the Gruffs, the patience of Dryads - and he wants to shunt it all through a four-octave range of pure Modern Scandinavian Awesomeness - five when he pushes via through his throat. The best of the mundanes' shredding equipment is going to back him up, and he's going to make the most pasty-faced of all sun-deprived bookworms feel like a Viking god in the making.

Tell me you don't have shivers or that you don't want to throw the horns after listening to this, and I'll tell you you're emotionally dead. End of story. :D

TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

I can totally see that! What an amazing voice! :D
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

This fits less any individual character so much as all of our Transhuman types, from the Clanks to Mary to any one who might or may eventually have some sizable mechanization work done, either after an accident or out of some desire to "optimize" themselves. It especially reflects how Archie and Bucky sometimes feel like commodities more than people, and how Transhumanism is on the verge of being more of a dangerous current than a beneficial force. I suppose the Transgenics could also relate, seeing their nature is deeply rooted in science, moreso than nature. Both groups are used as political or ideological puppets, and both groups have some trouble connecting with what defines them as humans - in the philosophical sense of the term.

A glaring neon glow illuminates this street
Breathe in these human vapors, sweat and heavy heat
Hi-tech cathedrals rise and fall in great ravines
Colossal steeples to the gods in the machines

Broken body built anew
Spirit lingers, torn in two
Metal fingers grip my heart so cold

Fossil fuels to slavery
Political duplicity
Every great commodity's been sold

Slave to the new black gold, there's a heartbeat under my skin
Search my electric soul for the hidden man within

Your secret science conquers nature's cruel laws
But inside your wires lie a million mortal flaws
Electric sleep I dream inside my honeycomb
I stay alive inside my hive of skin and chrome

Broken body built anew
Spirit lingers, torn in two
Metal fingers grip my heart so cold

Fossil fuels to slavery
Political duplicity
Every great commodity's been sold

Search my electric soul for the hidden man within

Broken body built anew
Spirit lingers, torn in two...
IamLEAM1983
Site Admin

Post by IamLEAM1983 »

This one isn't so much a theme that fits a character as one that fits a specific situation. This song fits with the nearly-guaranteed situation of our dudes going to Paradise and being forced by their investigation or otherwise casually invited to go on an EVA around the station's outer surface.

Nobody's ever left Earth's gravity well in our little gang, even the supernaturals and the theriomorphs. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! has a song that basically screams "I'm floating in space, whee!" and that, I think, captures how some of our guys would think it's pretty damn awesome.

I don't care if you're a selkie or an ages-old vampire - you weren't prepared for lunar bounds across the outer hull of a space station that's older than Terran civilization. You're pretty much guaranteed to mentally regress to the "Gleeful Five Year-Old" stage, if this is your first time.

So yeah. This fits.

TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

Yeah, that totally works. ^^
TennyoCeres84
Site Admin

Post by TennyoCeres84 »

I know you're not a huge fan of dubstep, Leam, but I thought this song fit Meris and Nereus. It definitely has a fairytale-epic feel to it; the lyrics also fit. It makes me think of the "nights" they would spend researching, talking, and getting away from Void Weaver society.

https://soundcloud.com/varienofficial/v ... oma-steele